Saturday 8 August 2009

Primordial

Primordial

Later when I swam in rivers lakes and seas
passing through each day chased by shadows of the trees
I dreamed that one thing was really another
absorbing stories told in pictures
and I saw myself as mirrored
suspended and adrift

Some time after I was crowded out
and needed to scream aloud
it was time to be going
to lie back floating
to the rhythm of sensation
where I kept aswim with everyone
wondering what I might become
inside uttering a silent screech
which instinct told me could if wanted
resonate from jungle depths to wild ascent
of trepidation.

From leaving lofty nests I travelled on
guided by the slipstream to following the ocean’s boats
skimming over the water’s surface
of ponds with enormous toads
and while carefully avoiding vipers
I harboured by the dock leaf offering
comfort to those in need.

I stared into the pool once more
and listened to what I thought was me
and I recoiled and doubted ever wanting
what I hadn’t known before.

No comments:

Post a Comment