Monday 10 August 2009

Epic New Waves

They kept me from my
joyful ways and stopped my cosmic play.
They assumed it was for them to judge me
they refused to let me be.

When I invited new rhymes in
none was celebrated mine.
They couldn’t even stand aside
or see the chances here and wide,
they made it all so limited
for them alone and me omitted.

Relief they aren’t just of one mind
plenty more ignore biased bind.
There’s something wrong about their power,
it’s not for all to fear and cower.

Is it wrong to think outside
and follow the stream’s currents of a new tide?
I’ve moored my boat just by the jetty
and looking back beyond the bay.
I remember the waves
of those afar afloat on crafts
in schemes of hilarious castaways,
just agaze in futile laze,
waving back to me and others newly found
because to a future encounter for us is bound.

No comments:

Post a Comment